Meet Jim Duffy, author of Eastern Shore Road Trips and Tubman Travels: 32 Underground Railroad Journeys on Delmarva on Thursday, August 16th from 6:30pm - 8:30pm!
Eastern Shore Road Trips
Much more than a travel guide, Eastern Shore Road Trips is full of tales from days gone by and insights into the character and culture of the storied Delmarva Peninsula. Join award-winning writer Jim Duffy and his wife, the photographer Jill Jasuta, on 27 fun excursions along the back roads, into the quaint towns, and out to the sweetest scenes on the Eastern Shore and in Southern Delaware.
Trips range from up in Chestertown, Maryland and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware to down in Cape Charles, Virginia. Whether you’re a road tripper or an armchair traveler, you’ll gain a fresh sense along the way for what makes this legendary place an American treasure of the first order. This is the first in what will soon be a series of Secrets of the Eastern Shore guidebooks.
Eastern Shore Road Trips delivers the travel info you need to get out and go, while also while telling a slew of fun stories about makes the Eastern Shore and Southern Delaware so special. The “adventures” here run the gamut, from sweet small towns to gorgeous back roads, remote beaches, and interesting little parks and museums. to lighthouses, skipjacks, and more.
The Table of Contents is below.
3. Cape Charles
The Great Outdoors
7. Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge
8. Going Green in Caroline
9. Delaware Seashore Outdoors
10. Lower Eastern Shore of Virginia Outdoors
11. Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
12. The Dover Ingenuity Trio
13. Way Back When on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
14. The Salisbury Two-Step
17. Vineyards and Wineries
18. The Road to Rock Hall
19. Saxis on the Sound
20. The Necks of Somerset
21. Talbot County Backroads
22. The Harriet Tubman Byway
23. Assateague Island
24. Chincoteague Island
25. Delaware Bay Beach Safari
26. The Ocean City Boardwalk
27. Rehoboth Beach
From Jim's website
I’m Jim Duffy, and I love living on the Eastern Shore. The woman on the left here is my wife, Jill Jasuta. She’s a first-rate photographer and designer. I’m a magazine writer by trade—my work has been in a slew of travel & lifestyle magazines, and a bunch of of health care publications, too.
Somewhere along the line we got the idea that maybe we could help other people see and experience just how special a place the Delmarva Peninsula is. So here we are–welcome!
Secrets of the Eastern Shore is all about celebrating this special place. We do that in a mix of words, pictures and products.
• We are putting together a series of Secrets of the Eastern Shore Guidebooks to help you explore the Delmarva Peninsula. You can learn more about the first entry in that series here.
• We make fun greeting cards featuring sweet Delmarva scenes and built around special Eastern Shore themes. You can see those here.
• Jill’s photos are available as prints, matted prints, metal prints, and framed prints. You can see those here.
• We’ve also been busy making other fun, one-of-a-kind products. Have you seen our “Crab EKG” sticker on other cars? You can get one of your own here.
As you will see, there is lots of free content here. And there is lots more fun stuff on our Facebook page. Please feel free to hang out here as long as you like. And remember to come back soon—we are switching content and products in and out all the time.
Last but not least: We would love to get your feedback and criticism. Comments are welcome on every post we do here. You can also send me an email at SecretsoftheEasternShore@gmail.com.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy travels to you and yours!