Thank you for agreeing to our consignment program terms. We look forward to working with you! We have listed our consignment terms and important information below as a reminder.
Please note that you will receive an email confirming the $35 charge when the purchase is completed. If you do not receive an email confirming the charge, you have not paid the consignment fee. Please leave quantity at 1.
Consignment Program terms
- We are committed to supporting local authors and our local community. Books from outside our community can not always be accepted if we feel we cannot sell them successfully. You must receive confirmation that we will carry your book before shipping or delivering any copies to us.
- Consignment is labor-intensive: setting up paper records, tracking sales, and managing the inventory must be done individually and by hand. Also, your books will occupy valuable space on our shelves, which is limited. Authors should understand that there are expenses associated with simply making their book(s) available in our store whether they sell or not. We have a one-time consignment fee to help offset these labor costs. The non-refundable one-time fee is $35.00 per title for all consignment agreements post May 15, 2017.
- Our pricing terms are 50/50, which means the author doesn’t pay us anything beyond the initial $35 fee unless the book(s) sell. This also means BBB does not pay the author anything until their book(s) sell.
- We pay quarterly for book sales at the end of the month following the regular Accounting Quarter. Payments for sales are mailed by the end of April, July, October, and January.
- A program coordinator will be in contact with you to confirm the number of copies which should be brought/mailed to the store. If you are scheduled for an author signing event, you will be asked to bring additional books to sell during your event. Books sold at such an event will be added to our inventory for payment on the quarterly schedule described above.
- We review sales performance every three to six months. If, after a minimum three-month trial, we feel sales are too low, the agreement will be terminated and you will be asked to pick up any remaining books. Books will be held for one month after termination notification. If the consignor fails to respond at the end of a month, books will be donated to appropriate community service outreach organizations.
- It is the author’s responsibility to notify us of any changes in contact information. Also, it is the author’s responsibility to check with us about inventory status and to deliver new inventory as needed.
- We ask that author's promote the availability of their book at Bethany Beach Books on their social media platforms and events.
Steps to our consignment program for authors
1. Read & familiarize yourself with our program and terms
2. Fill out the consignment form
3. Wait for confirmation & acceptance to consignment program
You will receive acceptance via email. The confirmation email will include how many books should be dropped off or mailed to the store + instructions for payment. Do not mail or drop off any books until you receive this confirmation.
4. Upon acceptance to program, follow the email instructions to pay your one-time consignment fee *you are doing this now, yay!*
5. Drop off or mail requested number of books
Books can be mailed to:
Bethany Beach Books
Attn: Consignment Program
99 Garfield Parkway
PO Box 904
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
6. Tell all your friends, family, hair dressers, baristas, and humans that your book is at Bethany Beach Books
6. Contact the store periodically to check inventory stock