Booking an author event
Thank you for your interest in setting up an author event with Bethany Beach Books. We support our community and authors through our events program and we take pride in helping authors promote their work. We host over 100 events each year between Memorial Day and Labor Day and have come to understand the challenges of producing successful events in a seasonal resort area.
Since our space is limited, our author events are restricted to meet/greet and signing opportunities. If you are interested in pursuing such an event with us, please complete the questionnaire below.
Completion of the questionnaire does not guarantee an event at Bethany Beach Books. All applicants are subject to approval by the event coordinator and staff.
Publicists and agents: 2017 Press Kit
Publicists and agents: Have an idea? Contact Nancy for more creative event arrangements.
Important Required Information
- Author events are held from Memorial Day - Labor Day
- Author events are at 6:30pm on Sundays-Fridays
- We do not host events on Saturdays as this is our turn-over day for vacationers
- Author events are held for 2 hours unless otherwise arranged
- Story times for children's books can be paired with a signing event at 10am the morning of or morning after signing
- Signings are structured as a meet-and-greet event, no readings or lectures
- It is the author's responsibility to send book cover & author photo for our website to Amanda@BethanyBeachBooks.com after signing date has been confirmed
- We ask authors do not promote their book availability on Amazon or similar sites while at their event at Bethany Beach Books
- Two chairs and one table will be provided for the event which will be held outside weather-permitting. If the weather is poor or extremely hot, the event will be held inside the store
- We ask authors arrive 10 minutes before the event (6:20pm)
- Metered street parking is available